Nuffnang Ads

06 October 2008

Marble Cheese Cake

My sister and Jo love the marble cheese cake that I baked. They have been asking me for the recipe and I decided to post it here and share it with more people.


Ingredients A:
  • 250 g digestive or Marie biscuits (Personally, I prefer digestive biscuits and always buy the McVities brand)
  • 120 g melted butter

or
  • 1 cup Quaker oats
  • 80 g melted butter
  • half teaspoon salt
  • half cup all-purpose flour
  • half cup nibbed almonds


Ingredients B:
  • 1 kg cream cheese (I use Philadelphia cheese)
  • 300 g fine granulated sugar
  • 4 small eggs
  • 1 lemon rind, grated
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 100 g double cream, lightly whipped (I used the above Whipping Cream as it came in smaller pack and cheaper)
  • 70 g superfine flour
  • 20 g cocoa powder


  1. Mix together ingredients A and pour into a lined and floured 9" round tray + 2 small trays
  2. Press the crust to form base for the cake and put aside
  3. Using a bowl, cream the cheese and sugar together.
  4. Break eggs into a bowl (to ensure no spoil egg added into the mixture) and slowly add in the eggs one by one
  5. Add in grated lemon rind and juice
  6. Finally, add in double cream and flour
  7. Mix a quarter of the plain cheese mixture with cocoa powder to make design
  8. Pour half portion of the plain mixture into the prepared pan.
  9. Pipe wide zig-zag patterns of chocolate cheese mixture (half portion) over the plain mixture.
  10. Top up with the remaining plain mixture and with the remaining chocolate mixture, pipe circles over the surface of the plain batter. Use a sharp satay skewer or cake tester to draw lines outwards to create a design of our own.
  11. Bake at 150C for 2 hours over a tray of water
  12. When baked, chill and remove the mould.




The ingredients is meant for a 9" round tray cake with 120 g digestive biscuits. However, the first time I baked this cake, I found that the cake is too high for a cheese cake. The 2nd time I baked the cake, I made it 9" and 1 small tray. Its better but on the 3rd time, I made them 1 big and 2 small trays (with additional digestive biscuits for the base but the same amount of butter as digestive biscuits itself are moist). The height of the cake is just right for cheese cake and I have more cakes to share with family, friends and staff in the office.

Once you've tried the recipe, remember to cut a small piece for me to try!

Happy Baking!



No comments: