The difference between these 2 recipes are Amy Beh's recipe uses lemon and separate egg white and egg yolks. Whereas this recipe uses cinnamon and raisins.
It was so stressful preparing for Jared's mid term exam. In between revision with him today, I took a break (and of course, he loved the idea) and decided to bake banana cake using her recipe for this time round.
My Auntie's recipe was in ounce and I converted them to grams. Check this out:
- Mix two Grade A eggs with 120 ml corn oil.
- Add 60 grams of Castor sugar and 60 grams of brown sugar
- Use hand whisk to mix them together.
- Sift together
- 140 grams of plain flour
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
|Picture of the half loaf banana cake, after our afternoon tea.|