Nuffnang Ads

23 September 2008

Tugu Peringatan Negara (National memorial or Monument)

For a change, we decided not to take the kids to a shopping mall over the weekend. Hari Raya is around the corner and shopping malls will be packed with our Malay friends shopping for the Big Day.

I suggested to go to Lake Garden on Sunday. Our first stop was at Tugu Peringatan Negara, also known as Tugu Kebangsaan (National Monument

I am not good with history. As such, I do not have much facts to write about the National Monument but photos to share.

This is the entrance to the monument.

This place is open for public from 7am to 6pm daily and there is no entrance fee to the monument.



Pond located at the walkway to the monument.

This monument is to commemorate those who gave their lives in the fight against the communist.

Our next stop was at the Butterfly Park. I will share those beautiful photos of butterflies in my next post.

No comments: