Nuffnang Ads

28 September 2008

Lemon Cream Cheese Butter Cake

I first tasted this cake when Auntie YC baked it many years ago. I could smell the nice aroma of the cake when I stepped into her house porch. My aunt has stopped baking for these past 6 years. She's my hubby's baking guru and my hubby is my baking guru.

Last Saturday, I felt like eating this cake and decided to bake it myself. I baked it after our lunch and the cake was ready in time for tea time with my aunt and brother who came to my house to discuss Auntie YC 's condo interior design.

Everybody enjoyed the cake very much. Hubby gave me 8.5 out of 10.0 points. Too bad that I forgot to take photos of the cake.

Yesterday, Jared had a mini music concert at Yamaha music school. This is in conjunction with the students finishing the term and before moving to a different level of the JMC course. Each student had to bring snack for the concert.


I decided to bake the cake again and I did it on Saturday morning before concert at noon as I wanted to serve the cake fresh and warm.

I forgot to take photos of the cake again. By the time I remembered, half the cake were already consumed. I baked one big tray with almond and a smaller tray without almond as some kids are allergic to nuts.

I received good compliments on the cake, especially the cake was still warm. I reserved the last two pieces of the cakes for Jared's teacher. I was so happy that we brought back an empty tray.

Below are the ingredients for the Lemon Cream Cheese Butter Cake:
  1. 175 gram butter
  2. 125 gram cream cheese (philadephia cheese), at room temperature
  3. 200 gram fine castor sugar (I reduced it to 180g as some may not like it too sweet)
  4. 1 tsp vanilla essence
  5. 3 large eggs
  6. 1 tbsp grated lemon grind
Sifted ingredients:
  1. 180 gram plain flour }
  2. 1 tsp baking powder } equivalent to self raising flour
  3. 1/4 tsp salt
  4. 2 tbsp lemon juice
  5. 1 tbsp plain UHT milk
  6. 50 gram almonds, chopped coarsely
Bake at 180C for 35 minutes.
I shopped the above ingredients at Bake with Yen (available at TTDI market and Taman Mayang). The above ingredients are sufficient to make one big and one small tray of cakes.

No comments: