Nuffnang Ads

05 July 2012

Day 10 ... It's a Good Day! How to Keep Antibiotics from Causing Diarrhea

3 Jul 12

A friend of mine used to rhyme this nursery rhyme to me.

     Star light, star bright,
     The first star I see tonight;
     I wish I may, I wish I might,
     Have the wish I wish tonight.

I wish for health and happiness, for my family and loved ones.

Hubby must have been feeling better after taken 2 out of the 3 daily doses of antibiotics. I received email from him in the afternoon. It's not a love letter but a link to How to keep antibiotics from causing diarrhea.

While antibiotics are fighting infection, they can also kill the good bacteria in our intestinal tract. When that happens, diarrhea can result.

I was having diarrhea for several days after taking the antibiotic given by my GP. After 3 days, I went to see her again as I felt lethargic and weak. She told me the side effect of the antibiotic is diarrhea. She prescribed me another course of antibiotic and asked me to stop taking the earlier antibiotic.

No comments: