Nuffnang Ads

22 December 2008

Miniature Cake Baking Class

I've not been updating my blog recently. Today, I told myself that I should post this blog on the miniature cake baking class that I attended almost 2 months ago with Christina.


I got to know about Cake Connections http://www.cakeconnection.com.my/home.php from hubby's friend. I've been browsing through their website and admiring those lovely cakes and dreamt that I could make them myself one day. I particularly like the miniature cake which is a new hot trend now! They are perfect as give-aways, as party dessert or sweet treat for any occasion.


















Christina and I signed up for this baking class on 12 Nov 08 that was conducted at Cake Connection's cosy kitchen which was equipped with 2 square islands and Kenwood mixers.

We paid RM150 for 3 hour hands-on class (all ingredients provided) and learned how to put these cute cakes together and decorated.














Making decorative butterflies to be used to decorate the miniature cakes.














Cut and assemble 1 tier square miniature cake.













Apply icing around the cake.

Covering the cake using fondant.




































Decorating the cake with sugar flowers.




This is the 1 tier square miniature cake made by me.

Next, we learned to create 2 tier round miniature cake using 2 different sizes of round butter cakes.

Fondant were used to cover the butter cakes.

















First, mould the top cake and then the bottom cake.


Using fondant smoother to smoothen the fondant layer.




Using decorating tips and icing to decorate the cake.



Cakes made by Christina and me.


At the end of the class, we had our own 2 self made miniature cakes to take home.

The cakes were very pretty. However, its not so practical and also quite tedious to make just one miniature cake. How about making a few of them for tea party? Its going to be very time consuming.

Christina and I enjoyed the baking class. However, we both agreed that we will not bake and make the cakes at home.

No comments: