Nuffnang Ads

28 May 2009

Jaya Supermarket collapses

We were in a meeting in our meeting room and heard a big bang sound and felt the vibration.

Oh my God! Jaya Supermarket which is located just opposite my office and I can see it from my office window, collapsed! Jaya Supermarket is undergoing demolition operations and it went awry at 4pm+ just now.

There are fire rescue personnel, ambulances, traffic polices, etc and police blocked the road entrance to the building.

I prayed for the safety of the people in and around the building.

The Star Online already posted the news.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/5/28/nation/20090528182444&sec=nation

2 comments:

Kiasu Mom said...

Both amazing and scary isn't it? Can't imagine what I would feel if I were there in person. And God bless those poor workers who died.. sigh..

Saw Leng, KOH said...

I still look out the window of my office every now and then. The building is not so safe now and driving/walking around the vicinity may not be a good idea.