KIPPAS is a kiosk system which offers a service for passport renewal.
Things to bring to renew passport at KIPPAS kiosk are:
- Existing international passport (must be Chip-based)
- Photocopy of MyKad (front and back)
- 1 passport-size photograph
- RM300 (RM50 or RM100 notes) for 32 pages, 5 years validity
- Go to KIPPAS room located at Block I
- Collect an envelope at the counter. Write your name, IC number and contact number. No need to fill up any form.
- Insert 1 passport size photo and photocopy of MyKad inside the envelope. Do not seal the envelope.
- Measure your height as you are required to enter the height into the kiosk later
- Touch the screen of the kiosk and follow the instructions (not in sequential order, can’t remember).
- Choose the language (English or Malay)
- Slot in the existing passport
- Slot in MyKad for verification
- Place thumb print at scanner for authentication
- Choose 32 pages (the only choice)
- Pay RM300 for the renewal fee (only RM50 and RM100 notes accepted, insert notes one by one)
- Confirm your height (the last height in their record will be displayed); you can only grow taller and not shorter.
- Key in your contact number
- Put in your 1 passport size photo, photocopy of MyKad and passport into the envelope.
- Slot the envelope into the machine
- A printout of receipt will be provided, indicating time the new passport is ready for collection (usually 2 hours thereafter).
- Present your original Mykad for collection of passport.
- Check the passport to ensure all the personal particulars and details are in order.
- Thereafter, sign at the back of the passport.
50550 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 20955077