Nuffnang Ads

29 March 2010

Oh! What a Day!

28 Mar 10
Oh! What a Day! When I thought of the list of things that I've to do for the day, its scary! I always ask myself ... why I always rush here and there?

I have obligation as a daughter, as a wife, as a mother, as a sister, as a friend, as business partner to my employer and not forgetting ... obligation to I, me and myself! That is to have my personal time, by myself, doing things that I like to do. And I always in a dilemma, is this selfish? Is this too much a request? Is this alright?

In the morning of this Sunday, I went for wet market shopping for family one week meals. Prior to that, I planned the menu for the week and ingredients that I need to buy.

After I came back from wet market shopping, we cooked pomfret soup noodle for lunch. Its our first time trying. Though not absolutely great, its not bad for a first timer. As hubby always say "Its eatable", which means "Its not nice, but can fill up the stomach". To me, this is a great improvement as he used to say "Can you please don't cook?"


At 2pm, I attended Papier mini album scrap booking workshop entitled "Life Story workshop by Wati Basri". I was so happy and glad to see Wati again. I've stopped scrap booking for awhile and this workshop, together with those participants, the lovely papers and layouts, the joy and relaxing atmosphere of scrap booking, reminded me how much I've missed scrap booking. 


After the workshop, I joined hubby and family to have tea at Auntie YC's house. She bought Chi cake and brownies from "Just Heavenly" at Bangsar Shopping Centre. I forgotten to take pictures before those cakes were eaten but only this late piece left.

At 6.30pm, we went down for swim at Auntie YC's house. I did not plan to swim initially, but after seeing how they enjoyed the swim in the nice pool, I went up to change into swimming suit.

Jared loves Auntie YC's roast lamb and a few days ago, he requested his great auntie to cook it for him.
We had mushroom and cauliflower soup with garlic bread and the above sausage and potato as side dishes.


Carrot, capsicum, sweet potato with lots of garlic, herbs and olive oil.








Meat thermometer to check if the meat is cooked and oven thermometer to confirm the temperature of the oven.


Auntie YC bought this rack of lamb from the Gourmet, Bangsar Shopping Centre. The lamb was marinated and roast well that the skin was very crispy and moist.
The fragrant smell from the lamb made Jared very hungry and he can't wait for his Daddy to cut a piece for him.
Jared enjoying his food. We thought Jared the proper way of eating western meal, the way to hold knife and fork and cut meat properly in Western dining.

Thanks to Jared for initiating the request for roast lamb for dinner and thanks to Auntie YC for entertaining his request and had us for tea, swim and the gorgeous dinner.


Lastly, we had this traditional Japanese Umeshu, Choya Royal Honey for after dinner drink.

No comments: